Dubai Internet City is the first complete technology and communication center in the Middle East. It is built inside a free trade zone, and has the largest commercial Internet Protocol Telephony system in the world. It is designed to support the business development of information and communication technology companies.
Launched in the year 2000, DIC UAE now features a dynamic international community of ICT companies including global giants like Microsoft, Cisco Systems, IBM, HP, Dell, Siemens, Sun Microsystems, Computer Associates, PeopleSoft and Sony Ericsson. Many small and medium businesses (SMBs) and promising entrepreneurial ventures are also part of the community. The cluster comprises companies from a variety of sectors – Software Development, Business Services, Web Based and e-Commerce, Consultancy, Sales and Marketing and Back Office.
The DIC campus is located in the emirate of Dubai, on Sheikh Zayed Road, just before the 15th interchange. It is near the campus of the American University in Dubai and Dubai Marina Complex.
Type of license:
- Service license
- Trading license
Type of activity:
- Software development
- Business services
- Web based & E–commerce
- Sales and marketing
- Back office operations
- 100% exemption from corporate taxes for 50 years
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of profits
- Opportunities for business interaction and networking
- Opportunities for channel and market development
- Communications infrastructure based on next-generation technologies
- Digital voice and high-speed data services offered at competitive rates
- World’s largest commercial IP telephony network