The DIFC is the world’s fastest growing international financial centre. It aims to develop the same stature as New York, London and Hong Kong. It primarily serves the vast region between Western Europe and East Asia. Since it opened in September 2004, the DIFC has attracted high caliber firms from around the globe as well as its region.
Firms operating in the DIFC, Dubai, UAE, are eligible for benefits such as a zero tax rate on profits, 100% foreign ownership, no restrictions on foreign exchange or repatriation of capital, operational support and business continuity facilities. Financial services in the DIFC are regulated to international standards by the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA).
Dubai International Financial Centre is located in the emirate of Dubai, UAE, Sheikh Zayed Road, near the Emirates Towers.
Type of license:
- Service license
- Trading license
Type of activity:
- Banking and Brokerage (Investment Banking, Corporate Banking & Private Banking)
- Capital Markets (Equity, Debt Instruments, Derivatives and Commodity Trading)
- Wealth Management (Asset Management, Fund Registration and Family Office)
- Reinsurance and Captives
- Islamic Finance
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% tax rate on income and profits
- Wide network of double taxation treaties available to UAE incorporated entities
- No restrictions on foreign exchange or capital/profit repatriation
- Dollar denominated environment
- No hidden fees
- No hidden charges